Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 64

Our world came tumbling down again today. Last night Liam spiked a fever. Now he has a full on infection. Not only does he have pseudomonas in his et tube, he has it in his urine. They did a sterile culture on his chest tube and it also came back positive. The fevers are staying down with Tylenol and all of his vital signs are stable. He is not acting septic but we know this is bad. The one thing he had going for him in our long stay here, was he never had infections with fevers.
Infectious disease is now involved and they will have him on antibiotics to help with the infection. His kidney functions are also elevated so they need to be careful with the medication they treat him with. His sedation was switched today from morphine to fentanyl. He has become so tolerable to morphine that it just didnt seem like it was doing much. He is just not feeling good. My sweet boy cannot catch a break. Just when we feel like he was getting a chance this gets thrown at us. No one can take away our hope but our hearts are broken. They have been broken from the beginning since he was diagnosed but with this crazy roller coaster ride I would say tonight we go to bed with them heavier. We just now wait to see what he does. Pray to the heavens above that he can fight this. Thank you Lord for each day that you have given us with Liam, but please give us many more.

10 comments:

  1. i do not know what tomorrow holds either only God does..Please keep the faith and just keep praying.. I pray everyday for Liam and will continue to..God bless this little superhero

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for him Every day even though I haven't met you. It is important that he doesn't appear septic. This is the perfect time for the antibiotics to be given - when there is a chance to Combat the infection and get on top of it.
    Keep up your hope. This is a problem, but one with a solution. The doctors will give him the antibiotics and hopefully the infection will be gone very very soon.
    I will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i do not know what tomorrow holds, but i know who holds tomorrow"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly Father, I come to you asking that you heal the infection in Liams body,that he may regain his normal temperature. We know you are the true healer and you hear our prayers. Please give this family peace Lord, let them rest well tonight. God I know that you said when two or more come to you in prayer, we are coming together Lord to you for the Sugar family so that you will heal Liam so that he will be able to go home and lead a normal life. Lord his testament will bring many people to know you Lord,like we know you. The one true Healer,The one true God. You are our light in the darkness. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still keeping up every day as many others are as well. I started reading recently, and actually spent a few hours this morning going through all of the older blogs to catch up. I cried for you harder than I can ever remember crying. I literally got up at one point, went down to the floor on my knees, and prayed hard. My heart is broken for you, and I have been thinking about all of you very much. But especially you Angie! I believe with everything I have that Liam will pull through this. My sadness is the pain you have to endure until he gets there. A mother's love for her children is overwhelming, and I am praying for you as much as I am him. Girl you are amazing. Just know that you have the world on your side right now, and you are in all of our thoughts every day. Love to Liam... start kicking some butt little buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your precious little lamb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hold on Liam, I am praying for you little guy :)!! Praying for you too Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for that sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers your way!!! Every night my daughter asks to see baby Liam and we pray together!! He has been so resilient and he will continue to be as he fights off his infection. And YOU mommy... It's beyond my realm of understanding as a mother how you are staying strong and keeping it together, you are truly amazing and God has placed Liam in the right hands!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad to hear of this setback but pray for continued strength for you all and speedy well-being for Liam. Blessings to you all with love and comfort, now and forever. Thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete