Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 50

Liam had another solid day today. Chest tube drainage still slowed, chest X-ray no real significant changes but we will take it. They decreased his morphine so he is interacting with us more, which we love. Just a little wean made on his vent. Baby steps. He laid in his mommy's arms for four hours today. The only reason why I gave him up was because I had to go to the restroom. The physician came in and said that he is making improvements. We still do not know Liam's future but he is going in the right direction. Not sure if he can wean off the vent, not sure if he is a candidate for his future surgeries etc. but we will discuss that when we get there. LIVE IN THE NOW.....
Liam is one famous guy, so many visitors in and out of our room from the staff. We love all of them. I love talking to them and getting to know them. Nurse/Aunt Molly was his nurse this evening. She let me give him a bath, that's always so much fun. He hates it but I love it.
Xoxoxo love you all...

2 comments:

  1. Angie.....I am so glad that he is taking baby steps....healing is hard enough....so happy for you and Chris...I am REALLY happy to know that you are holding him more and more...that has to be the best feeling in the world......god bless and good nite

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO beautiful. I love ready your blog everyday. Liam, you, and your husband are so inspiring. Continued prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete