Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 44

A long day for Chris and I and our entire family. Liam did great today with his surgery. He continues to surprise us. This little boy has been through hell and back and fights his ass off everytime. Praying for a miracle. Miracles happen every day. But back to our family meeting today We have had such high hopes for Liam through out his short life and its hard to hear that it all might come to an end. how do Chris and I make these decisions that will impact us and Liam for the rest of our lives. We are going to take day by day, moment by moment and pray that God will send us down the right path. Our wonderful nurse Molly said today Liam and God are in control and they will tell us what is right.
Chris and I do not want to be sad, we want to celebrate Liam while we have him. His time on earth might be limited and are hearts are broken but we have to live in the now and enjoy every moment and we still have our hope and our faith. We will fight until it becomes unfair to Liam and his quality of life. Please continue to pray and I cannot express how amazing it is that all of you have supported us and have taken the time to get to know Liam and love him as much as we do. He will change ALL of our lives forever.

6 comments:

  1. Your "Man of Steel" lives up to his name again - stay strong, all 3 of you! Prayers and love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but, a friend posted this on facebook. I know the feeling a NICU brings, although we are a success story we nearly lost our little boy and he had to fight for his life. I know how your heart must be breaking. I just wanted to you to know that a little family in Clearwater, FL is praying for you and your son. -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I am a friend of Rose Eisengart's. She's been sharing your story with us at church. I am so sorry for all you are going through. My heart is just breaking for you and Chris and Liam. Praying for you. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, you and Chris have been so so strong and had such wonderful celebratory attitudes throughout Liam's life. This is no small victory in and of itself. We continue to send all of our hope and prayers and love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie I first want to say how terribly sorry I am to hear your story. You and Chris have been so strong through this. Liam is so adorable; a true angel. I read your story from a friends post on face book. I can not stop thinking and praying about your family. My husband and I just welcomed twins into this world (they are 5 months) and I can not even imagine the strength you and your husband have. It is truly amazing - definitely Gods grace. I check your blog multiple times a day to hear the updates on liam and your family. I think what you are doing is amazing and having the blog to remember each day is so wonderful. I will continue to pray for your sweet boy and you and your husband as well. Know that there are so many people out there that care about your story and are praying for you all daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May god be with you all and continue to watch over you and your little "man of steel" thinking of you all ......

    ReplyDelete