Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 52

Liam had a abdominal series today to see if he had any obstruction or malrotation of his intestines. The results were normal. They are to restart his feeds tomorrow. He also had his 2-d echo today. Unfortunately the results were not what we had hoped for. His pulmonary vein pressure is back up. Devastating news for all of us. This is not something we want to hear. All the physicians are planning to review to see what they all agree on for Liam's future. We were told that there might not be much to do that would be beneficial to Liam. Our hearts are breaking.
Chris and I both got to hold him for a long time today. It's the best feeling in the world to get to hold my little miracle and to get to feel his warmth. He rested his tiny little hand on my heart and I just sat there and cried. Thank you God for that moment. I couldn't imagine loving him anymore then what I do.

Thank you to all the people in the PCTU. They help me cope with all these emotions and I am truly blessed to have met all of them. They kept me talking today and even laughing. I believe Liam has won them all over too!

5 comments:

  1. Angie.......my heart goes out to you and Chris...Liam is a fighter and he will fight through this....tomorrow is a new day...give him lots of hugs and kisses...prayers are being sent to you every day.....god bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of prayers your way!! You, Chris and Liam have truly made a difference in so many lives!! I for one will NEVER forget reading your blog about how you would give anything to hear Liam cry. In life's moments where the sound of crying from my toddler is getting to me, you and Liam have truly taught me to embrace that moment with love and patience and I thank you for that. Liam is such a fighter and has already left such a huge mark on this world!!! Love, Andrew, Lisa and Gianna Saxon

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you all. You have all touched our lives and though we have never met we feel we have gotten to know the kind of people you are. Your strength, love, faith and hope have been an inspiration. Your little "Superhero" has changed many lives forever. We continue to pray for you and your precious angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Angie,
    Liam has won all their hearts, and ours. You and Chris have won all their hearts, and ours. We rejoice when you rejoice, we weep when you weep. We will not stop praying, as we know you will not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every night I look forward to reading an update on Liam. I sit here and cry and smile and pray to god to help him pull through. He so deserves to know how much you love him and what wonderful parents you are!

    ReplyDelete