Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 45

Liam slept peacefully all day today. Output drainage is still significant and They weaned on his vent to see if he could tolerate. Before we left this evening we were told his blood work was not that great so don't be surprised if his vent is back up tomorrow. Still praying for a miracle. But also praying for strength and courage and peace for Chris and I and our families. We had a meeting today with the palliative care team to discuss things that we can do to Celebrate Liam. We are setting up a professional photo shoot for Liam. They can actually photo shop all his tubes and make amazing memories for us. We can actually get Parker involved and get him into the hospital. Thats a dream of ours. Liam and Parker, the loves of our lives together. Of course, holding him as much as we can is another must for Chris and I and possibly taking him for a walk. The care team does all these wonderful things for families.
In regards to his health, all we can do is wait to see what happens over the next few days We will not regroup with his team till Tuesday. We will know more then on what the doctors think.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie and Chris, You do not know me, but we have mutual friends on FB and I also have been following your story and blog and have found myself waking up to see your post for the day. I pray everyday for you and your family and your beautiful little angel, Liam. You are so strong! I believe in miracles and I know that no matter what, Liam has made a SIGNIFICANT impact on everyone's lives, even those who you two have never met. I will continue to pray to God for comfort for you and a miracle for your angel. I have a 7 month old little girl and just am not sure I can ever be as strong as you! xo, Cara Picciano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie & Chris, you do not know me, but I too came across your blog via facebook. I read your blog in one hour today and ended the last entry completely in tears. From a mother to a mother (my son is 5 mos) my heart just aches for you (& Chris, of course). Liam is so precious!!! U can tell, even through the pictures you post what an angel he is. Although you deal with whatever situations you are faced with, I cannot even fathom going through that and not being a mess every day. I just want to tell you that both of you are doing great & I admire your strength through this situation. I will pray for strength & healing for Liam & just pray that the Lord will make him whole. I pray that God continues to give you comfort, clarity of mind, & the strength you need to continue day by day. I pray with all my heart that you get to experience all those "firsts" with Liam that you so desperately hope for. Just remember, there have been millions of situations people have faced where dr' s have given a poor prognosis & kids /people have thrived & done far better than expected. They are not God & God can move mountains! God can heal & miracles happen every day. Just think what an awesome testimony you all will have when he comes through this! Stay strong! # hugs. ~ Andrea McCray :))

    ReplyDelete