Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 46

As I sit here next to my Liam's bed and blog. Chris and I still are in awe of all of your support. My little boy is loved so very much. Again, Thank you for all of your support. We love all of you!!!!!! We got to hold Liam again today. It is such a joy getting to hold him. I held him for 3 hours, the only reason I gave him up was I figured I needed to share him with his daddy! 😃Chris snuggled with him for 2 hours and he was sweet enough to let Aunt Amanda hold him after. She is the one person that has not got to spend as much time with him as she deserves. It was a long day for him. He was telling us by his oxygen levels that it was time to get back in bed again. While I was holding him I just examined him. His long fingers, the wrinkles around his knuckles and wrists, his perfect nose and lips. I admired all of him. It's so crazy how he was inside of me, how Chris and I made him, so amazing the miracle of life is. He truly is perfect!!
Not much changed today. Still has drainage out of his chest tubes. Went down a little on his vent settings as he tolerated. His chest X-ray was still pretty bad. No significant changes. He was awake for a long time today and I took advantage of it. I read him all the posts we received on Facebook, on my blog, all of you that changed your profile picture. I want him to know how much all of you love him like we do.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to lift you all up in prayer.God bless.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie...I am so glad that you are able to hold him...give him tons of hugs and kisses and tell him every day that you love him...I follow your story every day....I friend requested you on facebook under Marie Pesa-Pekkanen...I would love to follow you on facebook...god bless you and your husband...me and the boys say a prayer every night for Liam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. My name is Kindle and I live in Florida. A friend of mine shared your blog posts on facebook and over the last few days I've read about your little fighter. My heart goes out to you and your family. I find myself checking often four updated on your precious baby and whispering prayers for his miricle. I have to admit, he had me wrapped around those tiny fingers. I pray that you all find comfort, peace, and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my family and i say prayers for little liam every night. he is so cute and so precious and more than anything i wish for a miracle to happen and for liam's health to start improving. god bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a mutual friend who shared your blog on fb. As I started reading it I was/am amazed not only by Liam, but also you. The strength and faith of you & your family is awesome. And through your blog, I've become so smitten w/Liam that I can almost muster "go blue" (I'm an MSU grad ;) ). Liam is regularly in my prayers throughout the day. I know that He will be glorified no matter what the outcome, but I wholeheartedly pray that it's through the unexplainable recovery of your little super hero who you have so graciously shared with us. I will continue to lift you all up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend posted about this blog on facebook. I am praying for your little superhero. My sister has NICU twins that are alive and healthy today through the power of prayer. Psalm 34:4 I sought the LORD, and He heard me,And delivered me from all my fears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first heard about you through a friend at church and we have been praying for your little family for many months now. I only recently learned about the blog and am now able to see your three faces when I pray for you. Liam is a precious gift from our Father to you and it has been a gift to all of us out here that you have been willing to share him with us. There are many who are standing with you and will continue to hold you up in prayer to the Father who loves you and Liam with an everlasting love and holds you close in His arms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heavenly Father please continue to be with this family,Father only you can pull this little Liam through this and I believe in miracles.Touch Liam Lord and heal him Precious Father. Right now I ask that you give the family comfort and strength and wrap Your Loving arms around them and give them peace. Lord you say ask and Father I have in Jesus Holy name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angie! You don't know me but I follow your blog on mutual friends' posts. You and Chris are an amazing couple with an even more amazing little boy! When I look at his pictures I think how perfect he is! I want to thank you for sharing your journey with everyone. Anyone that reads your posts can't help but love you and that little boy. All of you are truly an inspiration and I pray for you every day. He really is a super hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a beautiful baby. You guys are great. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful boy! I told my children about him and we pray for him everyday! We pray for him to get better soon so that he can feel the loving warm arms of his parents at home...all day..everyday! Liam, you are in our prayers little buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like many others, I came across this blog through a mutual friend. Now I am reading every day, hoping for good news. My son and I pray for your family every night. I don't know much, but I know that God works through all situations for good. Blessings to you and Liam--you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete