Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 41

We walked in today and at first glance Liam looked different. It took me a minute and I realized his breathing tube was on the left side. It's been on the right side of his mouth since he was born. When they went to change his tape last night they realized his tube was creating a sore by his lip. That does happen when someone has a tube for a long time. My poor little guy now has a sore on his lip and red marks on his cheek from his tape. We have noticed that his skin is very sensitive. Also they noticed that his left chest tube abruptly stopped draining. And you know how things go.... They want it to stop but gradually decrease not stop all at once. Chest X-ray showed large amounts of fluid collection. So they went in and adjusted his chest tube by surgically putting in further. It had started to come out of its pocket. My little boy has more complications. If it can happen, Liam can catch it. He has been through so much. He needs to catch a break. Vent was weaned a little today and his bloodwork was stable. So lets pray he loses his fluid soon and we can get him off the vent. This is what's holding him back. We said goodbye to Nick and Lora and said hello to my Uncle Dave, Aunt Cindy and My Grandpa Heck. Its alway heart warming knowing we have the most amazing people in our lives. Faith, Family and Friends.........that's what matters.
Happy Anniversary to my best friend. Liam, Parker and I are blessed to have you. I could not get through this trying time without. You bring me back from insanity and I love you so very much. 6 wonderful years with you and many more to come. Christopher you are my rock!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Angie, Keeping Liam in Prayer always. I'm a friend of Aunt Becky and your mom & dad. Hang in there sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete