Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 5

Today was a success for the Sugar's... Liam rested all day with no major complications! For a 5 day old baby to recover from two open heart surgeries in one week is pretty tough! A lot of adding and weaning different meds to get him just right! Fluid was still elevated all day but he is urinating it off at a good rate! A couple drops of his Bp but no major issues! Tonight it was hard for him to settle in! They have been trying to get him as sedated as possible ( you would to if you had all those tubes and wires attached to you to!) he continued to fight for two hours to go back to sleep! Of course we all loved seeing him bright eyed, arms moving and those cute little piggy toes squirm but ideally not s good situation... Vitals begin to drop, he.starts to look around and he probably thinks What is going on! Being irritable for him is not a good thing... After a while, a visit from mommy and daddy and a significant amount of sedation and change in position he drifted off to lala land again. Babies build a tolerance to some meds so a change must be needed! I probably won't see movement from him for a few days since his nurse pushed so much sedation! But he is such a fighter and just wants to experience the world.... I cannot wait for that day when I can tell him how strong and amazing I think he is..... I ended up being a patient today But I am ok, slight increase in my Bp and liver enzymes but had some additional testing done and all is clear! Thank god..... Yes everyone I know, take care of myself so I can take care of Liam... I heard it a million times. Easier said then done!! Leaving his bedside is one of the hardest things we have to do!! I did get a blanket of his today from the nurse, time to get my first little boy Parker accustomed to a new smell!! How we miss Parker ... All day everyday Chris and I just think about Parker ( our spiderman) and Liam Kent ( our superman) and think how awesome our Sugar family is!! It's full of superheroes. The best kind...

1 comment:

  1. We are all sitting quietly here, hoping not to add to the confusion and worry but sharing in the hope you are feeling. We look forward to the updates in Liam's condition. And we think you are ALL superheroes.
    Liam's "cousin twice removed," Emily ...

    ReplyDelete