Friday, September 7, 2012

11 days old

Liam had his chest tube removed today! It had dried out and no longer needed it! That was a huge step! His catheter was removed but they decided to put it back in. A few hours went by without him urinating and with them wanted all his fluid off they decided to put it back in! I think it was a good idea so they could keep better track of his output! His peritoneal drain is working! More fluid is draining out then what is being put in. That's called success!He is looking skinnier everyday. Weight is not significantly down but I think he looks better! His vent settings are at a good number! The physicians said they might let him do some practice breathing this weekend to see how he does! I have to tell all of you that he looks identical to Christopher. It saddens me to say it but yes he is all his daddy!! Chris loves it.. We have a baby picture of Chris and it looks just like Liam! The running joke is while he was full of edema and weight he looked like me but as the fluid comes off an he gets skinny he is Chris! I love seeing them together and the way Chris looks at him makes me so happy! My family feels complete with our new addition. I cannot wait to get him home to start our lives together and for him and Parker to become best friends!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day! (: he looks so peaceful...I think he knows he is in great hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I look forward to reading your blogs every day. I admire you and Chris's strength and faith. I feel like I already know Liam an I have never met him. He is such a blessing. Every night when Patrick and I say prayers, we make sure we pray for all of you also. We love you guys. Stay strong and know that you are in our thought and prayers!

    ReplyDelete