Sunday, September 16, 2012

20 days old

Liam had his dialysis drain removed today. Which is a huge step. The nephrologist was pleased with his progress! Kidney functions look great and his weight was significantly down from yesterday and his urine output has been good! So they removed it today! Yay!!!!!! Another chest X-ray was done and he had increased fluid around the left lung today so they added a chest tube on the left side! So he has one on the left from today and one on the right from Friday! At least there will be matching scars! So we removed one hole and added another. The reason for doing the chest tubes is to help him breath better! I have to remember what Chris always tells me and that is they only do it to make him better! Since the Chest tubes they have weaned significantly on his vent! The physician was confident that he might be able to start sprinting again tomorrow! Which is awesome, working towards getting the breathing tube out!! He hates the breathing tube! And all you moms out there are going to think I am crazy for saying this but I cannot wait to hear him cry! I only heard him cry that first moment of his life and that sound still rings in my ears! That moment during his delivery was one of the best moments for Chris and I. To hear our little boy cry soon again will be beyond words!! They are Still weaning him off the pain meds and since he has been on them for so long withdrawals will start to set in so they have started him on oral methadone! Which we will be on a withdrawal protocol even when we go home! He no longer looks like a newborn. He has grown and his features have changed so much! Still looks just like Chris! Chris loves the fact that he does!! We had a pretty good weekend! Liam had a lot of company this weekend. People love him so much they cannot get enough of him! They all made the long haul to see us!! It means everything to us when our families are here! Grandma and Grandpa Sugar were here all weekend with our precious baby Parker, Aunt Kathy and uncle Paul, my cousin Anthony on Saturday and my Mom and Aunt Peggy and my gorgeous cousin Kennedy came up for the day today! Thank you to all of you for spending your weekend with us! We love u!! Liam is one special little boy! He continues to amaze me on what he can endure! I thank god everyday for him!! I pray that only good things come our way from here on out!! P.S. this shout out is for my Aunt Peg! Sorry if this got posted to late! I know you wait for this everynight before bed! Now you can sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment