Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 24

Liam had a good day! He has been on three sedation meds at a pretty high dose since he was born. Today one of them was discontinued! I was told awhile back that he would be on a withdrawal protocol and on methadone and Valium for weeks even after we get home but I would have to say its harder then I thought it would be to experience him get off those meds! The tremor like symptoms break your hearts in a million pieces. Part of his movements are regular baby actions but intensified as the sedation wears off! But seeing him more alert and interactive is such a great feeling!! We actually think we got a few smiles today! He just melts your heart! I got to experience some of his little hissy fits today as well! He is trying to prepare me for when we get home and what I should expect with a baby! He is progressing so well that they moved us to a private room all the way down the hall! Everybody in the PCTU says its a good thing the farther away you get from the bay where he spent 20 plus days of his life! I do have to admit that I miss the hustle and bustle of the bay area. And all the girls... It's so quiet in our room! But our favorite nurses still continue to stop by to say hi to our little Liam. He is truly loved by all!!!!!! I still have the anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach for Monday's echo but I can only live in the now... Chris reminds me of that everyday. Please Lord give us the strength!! Please hold Liam's hand when I can't and hold Liam's heart to mend it! This I ask of you!!

1 comment: