Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rest my sweet child

Yesterday we laid to rest my little boy. It was the hardest day of my life. He looked so peaceful and so beautiful almost like a smile was on his face. That brings comfort to me. He was letting us know that he was healthy and happy playing in heaven.
Chris and I decided to have a private service. All of our families and our closest friends came to pay respect to our son. Some of the most wonderful people from Ann Arbor that got to know us and Liam also came to honor him. Thank you so much to those five amazing girls. It was a long trip for them to make in one day and it means everything to Chris and I and our families to have them share in this day with us. We love you, Wendy, Molly, Jenny, Nicole, and Julie.
We honored him by beginning the service with the song Amazing Grace For those of you that know my family, you know that song was touching because it was played at my cousin Katie's funeral as well. Pastor Larry gave a beautiful service, one of the best I have ever known to help us mourn, celebrate and honor my baby boy. I asked Pastor if he would recite The poem "I still would have chosen you" by Terri Banish (Which I have previously spoke of it in a previous blog which was sent to me by a special person). The song "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz was also played. These two pieces were so fitting and so true and so Liam, its the way we feel about him and our journey. I would have chosen him to be my son and it was all worth it. I had the best 78 days spent with the most beautiful, most precious angel that I could have ever known. We finished out the service with everyone paying there last respects with the Superman theme song. The service could not have been more perfect. It was a funeral for a king!!!!
We then had a procession to Poland Riverside Cemetary where his body was laid to rest with prayers. We then celebrated his life with a reception of food, family and friends.
It was a hard and very sad day, one we will never forget. There are so many of you that have grown to love him as much as we do and I Thank you. One little boy made such a difference in his short life and I am honored, blessed and proud to be his mother.

12 comments:

  1. Liam brought forth more fruit for God in 78 days of life than most could in 78 years. I can't imagine the pain you feel but I've been praying hard that God gives it to me when it hits you. Liam is so so rare and amazing. Everytime I've heard "I won't give up" over the last month I've thought about your journey. What a gift to be his mother!!! God choose you. How AMAZING. I am so excited for Liam and all he is experiencing in Heaven! I hope to meet him and you someday there. Always in my prayers.......XOX Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and love to all of you...you were so lucky to have Liam and he was just as lucky to have you! Love you guys!
    -----Katie Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie & Chris Thank you for sharing Liam with me. I never met a real superhero until this year. Liam is all of that and more. He had a joy of life that was evident in his beautiful smile & expressive eyes, and had the ability to bring many people closer to God. When I read your Blog & saw his impact on people it made me smile... Angie & Chris, as Christians you knew God has a plan for you.. Your faith allowed you to walk the most difficult days with grace & courage. I don't know how people exist without HIM. So glad HE is in my life too. I hope one day when I get to heaven I can meet Liam in person : ) I will keep you in my prayers.. please keep me in yours. With Gods love & Blessings... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your blog and praying for your family. What a comfort to know you have an angel in God's kingdom. Your faith is such an inspiration! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how I found your blog...It just came up when I was looking at another friends facebook page. I read through almost all of your posts. Please know that my heart breaks for you! Your faith is amazing and it is my prayer that I could accept God's will as beautifully and you and your husband because I truly believe His will is perfect. God is good. and I know that your days with precious Liam will be cherished forever. Liam has blessed my heart and I will pray for you often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liam was a precious gift from God. During his short life, he brought so many people together in prayer and touched so many people's hearts with love and compassion. I'm sure he is being held by Jesus now and smiling up at Him with those beautiful eyes. He is no longer sick and is completely healed of his heart defect. Praise God! My prayers will continue for you and your entire family. He truly was your little super hero and I know you will see him again someday in heaven! Reading your blog has been such a blessing to us all. May God richly bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God selects everyone for very precious reasons. Angie and Chris, you were both chosen by God becasue He knew you would both share Liam with all of us. The impact that Liam had made a lifetime impact on many and this impact was always going to be Liam's one very special job and God's wish. Now, the generous good that Liam has left with all of us will be taken and spread, and then remembered and shared over and over and over again. This is what God always planned for and what He wanted. This is how He communicates with all of us. And... my very sweet dears, you all made this happen.... because God chose you, Liam and Chris to bring His message to all of us. Amazing. Just purely amazing grace.... it really is. May God hold you all in His arms until He feels your strength return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still thinking of Liam and you and your family. I'm so glad I know where he was laid to rest. I will go visit him. I feel like I have to say goodbye to him. Prayers to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing and just absolutely gorgeous little superhero you two created! Thank you so much for sharing Liam with us and his triumphs and setbacks and his sweet adorable face!! Words do not convey how special your family is and how much it means to me to know that while Liam's life on Earth was short, it was full of love and courage. And now he will grow and play with all of the other angels that are with him..no tubes, no swelling, no meds..completely free! <3
    S H A W N D R A - Southern Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your precious son has touched many lives,I have followed your blog every day and shed many tears reading it,may Liam rest in peace and you and your family find comfort through the many thoughts and prayers sent you way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May your precious little Liam rest in peace and may God comfort you at this difficult time.Thank you for sharing Liams journey with us.I do not know you but through reading all of this I know you are a very stong remarkable couple and Liam had the best parents.God Bless you and your family .I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every day I read this blog for many reasons. Of course I read to get updates about Liam, and hoping that God was answering everyone's prayers that Liam was not in pain....but I also would read this blog because it is something that has changed my life. Everyday Angie, Chris, and Liam reminded me of the important things in life and I will be forever grateful that you shared your strength and your journey with me. Like many other people, I live my life believing that God has a purpose for everyone and everything. I believe that Liam was put on this Earth to make a difference, and that he chose parents that would help make that difference. I thank this family for being as amazing and strong as they have been....they will never know how much of an inspiration they are as parents and exceptional human beings. God Bless

    ReplyDelete