Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Every day is a challenge

Everyday is a challenge. Not a second goes by where I do not think of my baby boy. From the moment my eyes open in the morning until my eyes close at night. I still continue to think about him while I sleep. Sometimes I feel so connected to him after a nights rest. Like he was dancing with us in our dreams. Every night I ask my little solider to rest his head between Chris and I and continue to comfort us. Knowing that he is with us no matter where we are and what we are doing also gives me peace.
His strength in his short life, knowing all that he endured, helps Chris and I fight through our challenges. Life will never be the same. But having conceived a child that was destined to be a superhero and a gorgeous angel gives me strength. I am so blessed to know you all love him as much as we do.
The firsts of it all without him is hard. Yesterday he would have been three months. It's crazy how the 27th of each month has so much more meaning. Or how crazy it is that life it's self has so much meaning.
Christmas will be another hard challenge but I thank god everyday for our support from our family and friends and to all of you I have never met. You all continue to give us the strength to get through another day
I still continue to live one day at a time. Always new moments or conversations that wear me down but it's all about the power of prayer. Without that I would be left with nothing. We believe in heaven and angels for a reason and I have a very special one with me all the time.
Chris and I escaped the cold weather in Ohio for a few days and came down south to enjoy the sun and each other. It was a much needed getaway. I have felt guilty throughout the trip with leaving home after just getting back after three months of living in Michigan and that I should not be enjoying myself after losing Liam. But he sends me little signs letting me know its ok and I am with you. People like to call them Godwinks. I will share a few pictures from our trip, you will see what I mean. Almost like little balls of light or as what I say my precious angel just hanging out with us. Love to all xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Angie, You are so inspiring. You handle yourself with such grace even in the most difficult of circumstances. And your blog is a beautiful tribute to your son. I hope you and Chris enjoy your trip, you deserve it. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie and Chris....you deserve time to yourselves.....you need to find each other again.....your lives are forever changed......god bless you both and enjoy your time together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel guilty about taking time for yourself. You have given so much in the last few months. You both deserve some time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your husband and your time together! Remember it was your love for each other that was the beginning of your Liam. By keeping your marriage strong you are honoring Liam and the Lord. There is a good book I read once to better understand a loved ones grief. It is called "When Life is Changed Forever" by Rick Taylor. A wonderful Christian man and wife lost their child. I learned a great deal and have shared it with others. It just came to my mind so maybe you Canuck the title away and read it if you wish. Praying for continued strength and mercy and sweet dreams when you ay your head down. Quilt is not from our Lord. Don't accept it. Hugs from Canfield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear from you and glad to know you have gotten away alone with each other. Angie, there is no right or wrong way to walk through this. Only you and Chris knows what helps you each day, and you do well to trust your hearts. Rest, heal, know that you are prayed for every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loove the godwinks (: truely a sign of God and your angel amazing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you two? Don't forget we are in Tampa Florida and would love to see you and take care of you. Let us know. Dan and Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie, I continue to pray for you and Chris daily. Your sweet family will always have a place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete