Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 68

They went back in today and washed out his chest with medicine. Their plan was to close his bone and put a wound vac on his chest. He tolerated all very well, they did not have to go up on any of his BP meds or barely increase his vent settings. They closed his bone but externally they left openings for drainage from his infection. They placed a wound vac over top of the incision to help heal and pull some of the infection. They were happy about being able to do all this without any difficulties. We hope he stays stable with no issues. We can not let any of this bring our tough man down.
So we all know he is Superman right well now with the wound vac he looks like Iron Man... My man is one big superhero all around.

5 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that he tolerated the procedure. I am praying for him every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superhero is right!! Great job Liam, you are a hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Lord,for another progressive day. Lord I ask you to continue healing Liams fragile little body. I look forward to getting on here and reading Angies positive report everyday. Angie and Chris,my sister in law sent me your blog link. I have passed Liams story to churches,friends and on my fb page. I believe God is our one true God and healer. The power of prayer is a wonderful thing. I fell in love with Liam when I saw the first picture. He is just so beautiful. God gave you this little miracle because he knew you and Chris were the only two people who could be strong enough and had more than enough love to endure. God Bless you and thank you so much for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liam its your friend, Karen, again I am so glad to hear the good news today. Praying for you every day & wrote your name into the Book of Prayer requests at my Church, St Bernadettes, when I was at Mass for All Saints Day. You are being surrounded in prayer. You have the sweetest smile & the most expressive eyes.. and so adorable... Oh I have to tell you one thing... I know you are a Michigan fan... I hope you don't mind this Notre Dame gal as a friend! Angie & Chris... you are amazing too. God Bless you Karen : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely touched by this story.

    I'm a friend of a friend of a relative of yours and somehow came upon this blog and find myself everyday checking up on your little man's journey.

    I'm very touched. Not just by the strength that your little boy holds in such a tiny little heart, but also the strength of you and your husband to go through this and even relive the day by posting it on a blog.

    Just wanted you to know that there are strangers out there that are praying for your son and hoping that you get to bring him home soon and start a wonderful life together.

    He sure is going to have one huge story to tell when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete