Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 71

My babies day started out so super fun Uncle Tangy came back from California to visit us again. We love when he is here. He bring so much joy to all of our lives, Liam stares at him and hold his hands for hours. We don't know when we will see him again but he will always be here in spirit.
Liam's pain was better controlled today. He was more of himself that is for sure. They took him down to the cath lab again today. They replaced his pic line. He has had one on the right leg for almost 2 months. They put one in his left leg. This is where he gets all his meds and blood draws. It is a pretty important access line for him. Another field trip for Mr. Liam. He is one busy boy! His surgeon stopped in today after a weekend away. She just wants to continue the wound vac for a period of time. Hopefully it helps with the healing process of his chest. Of course if the infection starts to deteriorate his little body by not healing his sternum or not helping the tissues heal then we have a horrible situation. She feels at this time and even after talking to all of her colleagues that we will continue to proceed forward. She is such an amazing person and cares so much for her patients. She continues to be straightforward with Chris and I, she promises to never lead us down the wrong path. When it starts to be to much or there becomes no hope she will let us know. Everyone is Still so uncertain of his future but everyday we spend with him is a miracle. He still has so many obstacles to endure but he continues to fight and so do we! His belly is still big but today was successful. He had three large bowel movements. This is a huge deal for him. His belly instantly became softer not has hard. Nurse Wendy and I laughed at him so hard. He did not enjoy it while it was happening but afterwards it was like he made a huge sigh of relief and fell asleep. That was priceless. It's like he has no idea what was happening and he did not like it but afterwards its the best feeling. He is so funny.
I love reading all of your posts. They warm our hearts more then we could ever tell you. Keep them coming!! Liam can sense all of your love! Xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Happy to read about Liam's day and his "moving experience". We can all relate to that satisfied feeling of a job well-done.

    Prayers continue to go up for a miracle of healing. Each day is a miracle itself. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to see his "relief". I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I read that :) I just love your little guy, but more importantly, our Heavenly Father does. I have so much faith and hope for you all, and as I post your blog everyday to fb, so many of my friends are praying right along with you. We are all so amazed by, in love with, and in awe of Liam. He's such a fighter! Thank you for allowing us into your lives. We will keep praying for you all without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liam is such a wonderful baby boy! My fiance and I say a special prayer for baby liam every night. My grandmothers church also does special prayer requests for him. I go to Casals with your sister, Amanda. I told her itd be a blessing to meet Liam the next time she comes to visit, if its not too much. This baby is by far the strongest baby in the world. You and Chris were truly blessed with a beautiful angel. May god continue to give him more and more strength each and every day. We love Liam!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stories always bring tears to my eyes. I feel as though I know this little boy from the posts I read on Facebook and your page. It is so sad and heartbreaking to read how such an innocent little baby has to suffer but to see those beautiful eyes you can tell he is definitely a little fighter! I pray and pray that God will guide his path to healing and to his loving home with his family so they may enjoy hearing those cries at night for a bottle or a diaper change. I thank and count my blessings for what I have and cannot imagine all that you, your family, and your son has to endure. Your blogs give me the strength to deal with the stresses that I have which cannot even be compared to your ordeals. Your blogs touch so many hearts and I cannot express how much my thoughts and prayers are for your child's healing. May God watch over him, you, and your family each and everyday. God, please give this little boy strength to overcome what he is going through. Everyone is praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang, Just wanted to let you know that we had our Christmas Open House this weekend at our shop...the topic of conversation from most of our customers..."have you heard anything on baby Liam yet today?" I cannot tell you how many fans your baby has. It totally blew us away how many follow all us and wait for the nightly post. So please don't stop posting and we will all continue to pray for all of you! He is very blessed! Hugs to all! Love ya! Sherie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The strongest and bravest warriors are put through the toughest trials... You are all in my constant prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liam is such a beautiful baby boy! I pray that God reaches down and touches him and heals him completely. May our Lord surround your family with peace and strength and calm your worries as you trust in Him to get thru this. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each day we read your blog we are so amazed at your superhero. He and you and your husband are an inspiration to so many. Your strong faith and Liam's strength have changed many lives. We continue to pray for your precious angel and for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your stories everyday- they touch my heart. And I tear up pretty much everyday. I am 18 weeks pregnant and can only imagine what you guys have been going thru. You two are amazing parents. It's got to be the hardest job in the world. I commend you guys for being so realistic thru this as I know it is hard. I am a nurse and have been involved with many families thru this process and just enjoying each day is the best thing you can do I think. I pray for your family each and every day and will continue to do this as I know God has big plans. Keep up the hope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanking God for good days and for the gift that he has given the doctors caring for Liam. Praying for your little hero and for both of you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still praying for you and your sweet baby, Liam, everyday. I'm thankful you guys have such great doctors and nurses! Liam has definitely touched my heart! He looks a little like my own baby boy, who is 3 months old. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God Bless you all, I just found your site, I'll have to start at the beginning to find out what happen to your sweet boy. SO sorry, but hopefully he can go home soon. hugs coming your way. Mary in NY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen still praying here in Canfield '!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wound vac's are amazing, amazing inventions! We pray that Liam will continue to get better and stronger every day! God give you and Chris strength as well! Know that you are all surrounded by everyone's love and prayers ALWAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete