Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Liam's Garden

One of my dearest friends from High School Brent put together a fundraiser to create a Memorial Garden for Liam in Chris and I's backyard.  A place where Chris and I can go to be at peace with our memories of our son.  Brent and his men where here everyday to finish the project before Liam's birthday. They worked very hard and gave their precious time and energy to create a special place that we love. 
 A beautiful garden with trees, flowers, bushes, rocks and a gorgeous water feature that makes the most comforting sound.  Each bush, tree, plant etc. designed to have a meaning of life, purity and more. Each piece blooms white in the spring reflecting to me the whiteness of the angels. A new sidewalk and steps make the garden even more gorgeous.  
They also placed Liam's bench that was given to us from Chris's work friends and a Windchime given to us by Amy and her sweet friends to help emphasize the meaning and the life of Liam Kent Sugar.  
We want to thank all of you who donated and gave your hard earned money to help this garden fall into place. There is so much meaning and love that shines here and thanks to you, Chris and I will have it forever. Chris and I want to thank Brad and Joe, for working so hard with the labor and the gorgeous design. 
And of course a special thank you to Brent. You made all of this happen, you fell in love with Liam and wanted to give Chris and I this place to reflect. We are forever grateful and blessed to have you in our lives. I cannot tell you how much we are thankful or how much we love you.  Liam's life will continue to bloom as we watch it grow because of you. My dearest Big Bear. You are one of a kind. 








4 comments:

  1. Ang I seen them working all week. It looks so beautiful they did such an amazing job. Always thinking and praying for you and chris and of course liam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie I don`t know if you remeber me, I was your server at Caffe Capri one night ,I just wanted to let you know I still read your Blogs and cry with you everytime, Liam is one lucky little guy to have you and Chris for his parents .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO beautiful and peaceful! What a wonderful tribute to Liam, and such a nice place for you and Chris to go to just reflect. You can surely be filled with joy and love in such a place for your little angel, as well as for the people in your lives that so obviously care about you. And a place to go when the sorrow comes, as well. Right in your backyard! So special. We still pray for you and your family and little Liam. Thank you for sharing a little of your birthday celebration for Liam with us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to forever feel close to baby Liam. Rick and I will continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers as you journey forward to the day when you will hold your precious superhero in your arms again. Liam left a mark on so many and I know we will never forget him or the love he showed this world! Thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete