Saturday, February 23, 2013

What hurts the most....

Last night I went to The Band Perry and Rascal Flatts concert with some of my favorite people. We had so much fun. It's really nice to be able to go places and have a smile on your face, knowing in your heart that you do things like this to make your son proud of you. That's what we did. But what is a Rascal Flatts concert, great people and alcohol without a few tears being shed. That's ok too. Liam watches over me and says that's ok too mom. For those of you who know Rascal Flatts, you know they put on an awesome concert and their lyrics are so touching.
Especially the song, What Hurts the Most.....
For those who don't know it, I would like to share them with you.
For those who have lost someone, you will feel these words like they are your anthem... I do

WHAT HURTS THE MOST
I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do

It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ It
It’s hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I’m alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
That’s what I was trying to do

I love you all! Have a great weekend, that's ok too. If you feel sad just think of the ones we have lost and make them proud of us. But a good cry is good too. Trust me I know.


4 comments:

  1. That's so very true, losing someone or somebody close to you is the hardest. I have lost both of my parents they say I am like my father very stubborn and my mom was my rock. They would be very happy to see what we have accomplished. I am proud to say I have a wonderful sister and brother and sister in law and niece and nephew who would just make you laugh till you can't laugh anymore. But just to be able to talk to my mom and dad for advise and for them to answer you I know they are watching over us but missing them is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are always with you Angie and Chris. Liam Kent has a piece of my heart for eternity. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of Liam often and pray for you and Chris. I think Liam would be proud of you and Chris; you gave him love and allowed him peace--I'm sure he would want you to be happy in return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are finding your smile and know that Liam wants you to smile...you are amazing people and had an amazing son!! You are in our hearts forever...

    ReplyDelete